Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Turning 30 and a stupid Election story

I have made it through to 30. Here I am! Nothing different about that. My birthday was a success in all the ways it could be. I got to spend time with family and friends and finally wear my party dress that I've been waiting a year to wear. I went to Medieval Times and felt like a kid again, my voice hoarse from chanting "FINISH HIM!!!". I spent a lot of time at the Brooklyn Inn afterwards just having drinks, being silly, and shooting the shit. It was a pretty mellow evening but it fit just right.

I finally scraped myself up out of bed on Sunday to make it to football, which we lost AGAIN, and that was sad.

Yesterday we moved offices. It's weird being in a different space but I guess in no time it'll be like home again. It's funny because I have boxes full of little toys and props that used to live on my desk and now there is no room for them. I don't know where they will go.

That brings me to today. Election Day. It's a big one. The news this morning was showing out of control lines at the polls which is making me worried for when I go after work. I'm also feeling really anxious about what the future holds after this election. The world will be a different place tomorrow, for better or worse is yet to be determined.

This morning I got into the new building and barely caught the elevator up. The doors were closing as I got there but the man inside just happened to see me and opened up the doors again. I stepped on and we started chit chatting and he said to me "Today is going to be an interesting day" to which I responded "Oh well we just moved in on the 8th floor...does something special happen on Tuesdays?" and he responded with something about the election. And ladies and gentleman, I am a MORON. I tried to recover from that one but it was difficult. It's not that I don't care about the election but I've pushed it off in my head to be something that I am doing after work. So I wasn't really thinking about it before work.

And also maybe it would have been more on my mind had I not been screwed yet again by the MTA today. It seems that at least once a week I am at the mercy of these fuckers who can't seem to run a train on time. I don't understand how they stay in business. Service is terrible. I can't even think straight. How was I supposed to focus on who is running the country next when I can't even make it to work on time? I really want to have a tourette's style rant on the MTA right now but I am going to reel it in. They suck. I even left early today and still managed to get here 15 minutes late.

Tomorrow...we wait for tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a suggestions...throw the toys and props at 'em!