Friday, November 7, 2008

I got worms!

I'm so embarassed. I'm ashamed. I feel so dirty. I got worms!

Okay seriously, I did get a worm virus today through Facebook and for the first time I was a bit paranoid about my own internet security. I think it'll be okay ultimately, but it freaked me out for a few minutes. That's what I get for opening a message that says something like "Wow- the whole internet will see this video". I'm like a kid in a candy store. I get so suckered in that I'm just like oooh, let me click on that. Next thing you know, you have a little worm crawling around and your computer starts crashing. Fun times.

Exciting first week of my 30's- Obama in the White House! Hell yeah bitches! Holla!! It feels great to be part of an era and to be alive during a time like this. I'm not expecting him to be perfect. In fact I can probably guarantee he will not live up to people's expectations in one way or another, but he is also a symbol for all of us. I don't think he'll be a shitshow like Bush. Of course not, I voted for him and I have full faith. But I know somewhere down the line people will question their decision at the first sign of trouble. We have to keep our faith and know that he's going to do his best but it will take time. He's not going to fix this mess the first week or month. Probably not even the first year of his presidency. It'll happen. Patience.

I finally unpacked all of my trinkets at work (well mostly all). I whittled all of my sentimental belongings down to one box. I thought my days of being such a pack rat were over but I guess not. I am settled into my new desk area and things are starting to feel normal again. I have no new embarassing or awkward elevator incidents to report.

I've been trying to write poetry again. It's been awhile since I've picked up any vibes. I needed to be inspired and I guess I have been lately. I think my poetry is more like song lyrics. Maybe I should be a song writer.

Turning 30 I've noticed some things starting to show my age. I have horrible carpal tunnel in my right hand. It's hard to type, click a mouse, clean, even text message. I need to get it checked but it is on my list of doctor's appointments to make. Yes, a list. Like an old lady.

And I think I'm going through some hormonal changes. I have always had a problem with sweating a lot. I say I sweat like a man. Fine. I accept it. But lately it has gotten so much worse. I walk around with those oil blotting papers in my purse at all times and constantly have them stuck to my face. What are my options? Botox on the horizon? Freeze up all those sweat glands? I have no idea. I'm trying to deal but it's not very attractive.

Busy weekend on the horizon. Plenty to do and a do-or-die game of football this Sunday. Either we go big or go home. For reals.

I leave you with my newest musical pics this week. Jams I'm loving:

No Other Love- by John Legend featuring Estelle. Number one, it's got a kick ass reggae beat to it. Number two- it's Estelle. Get to know that name. Everything she touches is gold. She's amazing.

Woman Like a Man- by Damien Rice. It's one of those B-Side tracks. It's a little raunchy but that's what I love about it.

9 Crimes- Also by Damien Rice. He is just amazing. He has a way of conveying all those thoughts you have about love and life in such a poetic and real way. I love him. All the right, the wrong, the tortured. He just gets it.

Everybody Knows- by Ryan Adams. Not Bryan Adams. Ryan Adams.

Peace out, have a great weekend!!!!!

1 comment:

rachel said...

i thought that happened. did you fix the worm - i read about it and it sounds intense....i almost clicked the link that it said you sent me. ugh.