Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Giving Thanks

It's that time of year. My favorite time of year. The holidays: when I really appreciate friends and family and there is just that feeling in the air of something special. I love putting up the Christmas Tree, decorations, holiday parties.

In honor of Thanksgiving here are some of the things I am thankful for this year:

- Health (of myself and those close to me). We're all here for another year together and that is no small feat.

-A job. It's tough enough economic times and I'm glad I'm still holding on. Even if it's barely.

-Friends. I have so many great ones and I never take them for granted. There is nothing better than good times with good friends. Even if we can't stay out so late anymore.

-Family. I'm grateful for mine. They are fantastic. I don't know what I would do without them. This includes being thankful for my mom's cooking, my dad's sappiness, my brother's constant insults.

-Life. I'm thankful for every piece of my life, good or bad. For my apartment, my car, for change. For lessons I've learned. I'm thankful for being given opportunities at every turn. Even if they don't pan out to anything, it's still living.

-Whiskey. We all know why. The poison I need to get shit done.

-Making out. It wouldn't be me without saying it.

-Music. I'm so thankful that music keeps getting made. The soundtrack of my life, well where do you even start? It's amazing to me how creative some people are. Songs keep me moving, cheer me up, get me down. I don't know what I would do if there were no music. (Side note- check out the DJ band Girl Talk- simply amazing what they do with hip hop and 80's music. Mashup heaven!!)

-Dreams. They keep me believing beyond what is reality. I don't even know if that makes sense.

I think that's all I have for now. As I think about it, maybe there will be a part II to this post. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!



2 comments:

junk said...

Thankful for whiskey! That is hilarious and so true! Me & glen!

Anonymous said...

A year ago you were thankful for whiskey? Can we have a whiskey tasting?